Sunday, October 30, 2011

Letting go

Letting go started for me on August 19th when our son drove out of our driveway and took off for Texas to begin his internship at the Honor Academy.   Never did I know that letting go would be so hard.  God had shown us this was His plan for Ben but are we moms ever ready to send our children
across the country?...I suspect not.

Well, although the process has been incredibly difficult for me I can see incredible results!!
God is working like crazy in Ben!  He is pulling things out of Ben that weren't good for him and is replacing them with creativity, passion, independence while at the same time being reliant on Him!!
He is making Ben into the man He would have him be which is far greater than the man I could ever hope or imagine him to be. 

So as I continue to take my hands off of my son and leave him in the hands of his Father I also learn a trust lesson.  With each step of trust I take I am blown away by the work He does in Ben.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the same thing with my son as he attended HA. Lessons I tried in vain to teach at home somehow got through in the focused and fun atmosphere at Teen Mania's ranch.

    ReplyDelete